2017 Bart's Bash at Burghfield - 17th September 2017
As in previous years, Burghfield has signed up to participate in Bart's Bash.
Burghfield's Bart's Bash
Every year so far, we have been high on the BashBoard, this year, we aim to top it!
In order to achieve that, we need anyone and everyone who could complete a lap, to come along and join in. To make it easier, the racing will go on all day so you can come and have a go whenever you like on a Grand Prix style “Qualifying Lap” basis. Start at any time and your lap will be recorded.
Each boat can be raced by multiple people during the day, each one will be its own separate entry in the helm's name.
In addition, there will be a number of “Feature Races” interspersed throughout the day. If you prefer to see a little more action in your racing take a look the schedule and join in with one or more of the set starts.
- The line opens at 10am
- All races are 1 lap
- Target time for a lap is 20 - 30 minutes
- All Feature races start on 5 minute boundaries to keep to round numbers.
- Crews’ race and novice race to encourage more entries.
- You can race at anytime during the day
- Complete as many races/laps as you like - we'll submit your best lap to the BartsBash results team
- Helping on shore/on the water? Don't worry we'll make sure everyone gets a chance to sail!
- There's no registration fee, but the recommended donation on the day is £5
- The galley will be open from breakfast throughout the day, with hot food avalaible until racing finishes/prize-giving at approx. 5pm
Online Pre-registrationis now CLOSED - please register in the clubroom during Sunday 17th Sept (before gong afloat!)
View Burghfield's Bart's Bashers Here
You can also register online via the BartsBash.com Participant Sign-Up
. We'll upload a full participant list after the event.
The Feature Race - proposed schedule
Burghfield Bart's Bash Supplementary SIs
Bart's Bash NOR & Sailing Instructions
Live results will be available from burghfieldsailing.org/bb
About Bart's Bash?
Bart’s Bash is when the world goes sailing… together, making it the biggest sailing event in the world! Bart’s Bash gives the sailing community a united opportunity to remember Andrew 'Bart' Simpson, a double Olympic medallist who tragically lost his life whilst training for the America’s Cup in 2013. Donations raised from the event go to the Andrew Simpson Foundation (ASF)to help give as many children and young people the opportunity to get on the water and enjoy all of the benefits and opportunities that sailing offers.