The Club and Lockdown No2
Published 07:16 on 5 Nov 2020
- The club, along with all operations including the bar, galley, all toilets and changing rooms will close from Thursday 5th November. They will remain closed until December 2nd unless any subsequent announcements change that date.
- Members will be able to access the dinghy park and attend to their boats. Still, it is your responsibility to adhere to government guidelines in respect to it being an 'essential journey', 'social distancing' and a 'reasonable excuse' to travel.
- Essential club maintenance will continue subject to guidance and social distancing.
- Any form of coordinated group activity at the club involving more than two persons (gathering) is prohibited except for activities on official club business.
- With regard to sailing and other watersports, the legislation only permits this in a public open space. I have checked the legal definition with a solicitor, and I can confirm we do not qualify. As a consequence, no sailing or other watersports is permitted on the lake during lockdown including casual sailing.
- Activities by Andrew Simpson Watersports Reading will also cease during the lockdown period.