Preparing for an Open Meeting - Checklist
This is a check-list of some of the things that need to be organised for an Open Meeting:
Before the event:
- Notice of race on the website - about 2 months before the event
- Set up a pre-registration entry form on the website. Make sure its got the right details on it! From the pre-registrations, create entry forms for people to sign.
- Signing on sheets (Office)
- Sailing Instructions (Check they are correct. Decide on Club or Open instructions. Ensure with the club office that there are enough copies).
- Details on Yachts & Yachting calendar
- Class email(s) and posters
- Local clubs
- Poster at BSC
- Class at BSC emails: 6 weeks and 1 week before
- Main BSC email list: 1 or 2 weeks before
Organise before, for the event:
- Protest Chairman and Protest committee
- Race Officer
- How many rescue boats
- Prizes: What and how many
- Float for change
- Ensure Antony in the kitchen knows - especially if you want Saturday or breakfasts.
- Pre-prepare Sailwave details of the pre-registrations
- Notice for the club entrance: Cars Left. Boats straight on.
- Race Officer
- Beach Master
- Race assistants
At the event:
- Open up the Club, changing rooms and entrance gates: At least 2 hours before the first race.
- Results sheet with boats / names
- Signing off sheets with boat / names
- Help OOD / Race Officer set the course
- Briefing for competitors - Fleet Captain, OOD or Race Officer.
- Results, Prize giving and Thanks.