Key information for visiting sailors
There is sufficient parking at the club if everyone parks considerately. Please park in the carpark on the left, just inside the club perimeter fence. In exceptional circumstances or where multiple events are taking place concurrently, please park in the overflow parking outside the fencing, alongside the road leading to the main top gate.
- Unloading of boats should be done in the carpark and then wheeled to the shore
- RIBS and other larger craft should be taken around the clubhouse to the left for launching next to the jetty.
- The clubhouse is normally open from about 9:00 AM on the day of an Open Meeting.
- The galley is open from about 9:30 AM, only on weekends or when otherwise specified during weekdays, with hot and cold food available.
- The on-site chandler, Mayday Chandlery, is usually open during race days and weekends.
- Launching is available across a wide shorefront, and you can expect a sail of about 5 minutes to the start line in an Easterly, or about 10 minutes in a West or South-Westerly wind.
- If you wish to leave your boat at the club on the night before an Open Meeting, please contact the club in advance to ensure that you will be able to gain access to the club grounds.
Height Restricted Entry Gate Boom
Please note: a high-level security gate has been installed at the entrance to the club. The new gate has a MAXIMUM HEIGHT of 2.2m. If you are in a high vehicle, have boats on your roof, have a high stacking trailer or a trailer with a mast on a high support please approach the club with caution. If you think you may need access with the top gate open, please contact the club for further information.
Please also note the alternative route for larger vehicles (camper vans etc) and large trailers (RIBS etc) as there is restricted 6'6" access on the canal swing bridge, click here for details thank you.